In house conditions only 4 types of succulent survive:
How to grow up a succulent in house conditions?
At cultivation of succulents it is necessary to bring closer all conditions to which they adapted in the desert:
- Lighting. As succulents generally grow in deserts, they need a lot of sun and lighting. But without good ventilation, a large number of direct beams can do much harm to them, give a pinkish burn on their little body. (Winter) it is better to add artificial lighting by means of lamps to the cold period.
- Temperature. 22-27 degrees is optimum. And during a dormant period, that is in the winter, it is better for them to adhere to the temperature from 5 to 15 degrees, and during this period it is impossible to water them at all, otherwise, they will decay.
- Location. The best place for the cultivation of these plants is the window sill of the southern window. It is not desirable to change the location that during the blossoming of buds to create optimal conditions, constant orientation around the sun. That room in which they grow is necessary, to air constantly. Representatives of this look badly transfer drafts and fluctuations of air temperature, cold air can be for them pernicious.
- Watering. It is necessary to water these plants after 9 in the evening. During the hot period need watering once a week. From September to October, it is necessary to reduce watering frequency approximately up to 1 time in 2 weeks. From November to April watering needs to be stopped. If at this time leaves begin to be wrinkled or dry up, then it is not an occasion to resume watering. And further similarly, every two weeks, time in 10 days, and again once a week in the summer.
- The humidity of the air. Succulents are not important humidity in the room. They live well both in the dry room and in damp. Spraying is a compulsory procedure for most of the representatives of this plant species just because in those places in which they grow in nature constantly there is a drizzle, and dew accumulates on them in the morning.
- Fertilizing. Plants do not need frequent fertilizing. During a dormant period, it is not required to feed up absolutely. And from May till October, it is worth fertilizing two times. It is recommended to use the mineral additives in the liquid state intended for cactuses.
- Soil. It is preferable to choose the earth to cactuses and succulents. It is necessary to mix in a proportion 1:1:1 (sand, the earth for succulents, a brick crumb, small clay, and very small drainage). Succulents little fastidious persons, therefore, half an hour as from bacteria and bugs which live in it the plant can ache is better to steam the land bought in the shop in an oven on average fire.
- Cutting. Succulents do not need a scrap. In the spring they have usually a molting period. They reject thin skin from the leaves. It is impossible to remove it. It is an absolutely natural process.
Important: Concentration of fertilizers needs to be reduced by 2-4 times of the recommended dose. Of course, it is better to feed up in the early spring. At this time they reject a thin skin from the leaves, it dries and at the edges falls down. Also, fertilizers should be introduced only when there are symptoms of a shortage of nutrients.
How to grow up a plant from seeds in house conditions and how the last look?
Seeds can be bought in the shop or to ask for acquaintances who already have these plants. They are easily pollinated manually if there are two separately blossoming plants. A brush is possible to transfer pollen from one flower to another. Seeds at “live stones” very small by the size are similar to dust, are almost imperceptible. It complicates their landing.
How to put:
- For landing, it is necessary to put drainage on a bottom of capacity.
- Soil for succulents needs to be mixed with a zeolite, natural mineral which is very useful to all plants. It is possible to add cocoa. The soil has to be easy and friable.
- For fast moistening of soil mix, we spill it boiled water. For fast cooling, we water it with cold water and at the same time, we level a surface.
- It is necessary to sow seeds at the rate of 100 pieces on the pot size in 200 ml. Evenly to scatter seeds on the surface of soil mix.
- After crops, we fill up seeds in one layer with the sand fraction of 1 mm.
Period of germination of seeds about 2 weeks. Care of crops consists of daily airing and strict control over temperature condition. It is necessary to air when condensate is formed. Maturing of fruits and ripening of seeds lasts about 9 months. The first year they do not need to be replaced. The next year after their molt dive to the new soil.
Unfortunately not all succulent breed the gutting is the best way of rejuvenation of the elderly clustering plant. Thus does not breed литопс. Other succulents can easily be multiplied by a gutting.
To multiply a gutting, it is necessary to cut off carefully a leaflet with a part of a stalk and to put for rooting to the soil. The first watering is made only in 3 weeks after landing, during this time at a shank have to grow backs.
Council: Some experienced flower growers recommend to leave a shank for sun drying in the open air for 1–2 days. Then the cut is processed powder of heteroauxin or colloidal sulfur.
The plant is implanted in the sandy substrate for a month. The taken roots plant usually does not demand any special conditions, having watered usual too. Time for reproduction is the beginning of spring. In the fall and it is better not to sit down in the winter as because of a lack of light and heat the plant will easily decay in the crude soil.
Succulents need change only when to them it becomes close in a pot. The pot has to be wide and not narrowed to a bottom.
How to replace:
- The earth mixes up with sand 1:1, the beaten small brick and a little more ashes and clays are added. It is not necessary to water the earth.
- To pull out succulent from an old pot it is very careful. It is necessary to separate the earth, to remove dry leaves.
- In a pot with big drain holes to fill drainage (2-3 cm), then to stamp the earth. Further, it is required to make deepening under the depth of roots.
- To insert a plant so that the neck of a flower was not covered with earth. To sand from above in order that the plant did not adjoin to the earth, otherwise, it will decay.
After landing it is necessary to put on the solar place.
How to multiply succulents leaves
Everything will depend on a sort and a species of your Succulent. For example, the majority gentle Sedum and also some Echeveria it is possible to make multiple copies either a leaf or shoots. On the other hand, Aeonium makes multiple copies only top shanks. For this reason, you will not be able to part them by means of leaflets.
In other words, all kinds of Succulents are various therefore if you do not know what works in your case, just experiment! And to separate a leaf, just twist it from a stalk. The main thing, make sure that on a stalk nothing remained. Actually, it is the best of all to pull a leaflet a little.
If you damage a leaf and apart it will remain on a stalk, most likely, it to turn out nothing. Having made everything is correct, you will be able to see an accurate contour at the basis of the separated leaf.
To gutting the Succulent, you need a chopping board and also sharp scissors or secateurs. Cut off the Succulent stalk piece slightly above leaves. You can cut off the top part of a plant, or just cut off a shoot (layer). And, and will sprout!
- After you cut off a shank or a leaf, it is very important that it dried up a little.
- Depending on the amount of heat and intensity of sunlight, you can leave a sapling for one-two days that it was dried. Sprout which sprouted from a leaf If you do not make it, in a shank or a leaf there will be too much moisture therefore at the first watering it can decay.
- Absolutely normally, if after landing the leaflet begins to contract and shrink a little. As soon as you noticed it is necessary to water a sapling.
Adult Succulents do not need daily watering, but leaves and shanks need to be watered quite often. The lack of moisture will lead to the fact that saplings brown and perish.
The best way of landing
If you use leaves, arrange them on the surface of the soil, having convinced that their ends do not adjoin to the soil. Water every time when the soil dries up. You can use the sprayer (spray) to maintain humidity in topsoil. Some flower growers recommend to place the cut-off end of a leaf in the soil, but it can cause rotting.
Unlike leaves, shanks need to be put to the soil. As it is almost adult Succulents, everything that they need — to put and water them. They will begin to grow! As well as leaves, shanks should be watered every time when the soil dried up.
If some of them die — do not worry — more than a half will sprout! Some of them will grow very slowly while others will have a large number of roots and at all not to have leaflets. Each shank grows differently, and is absolutely normal if it is not able to sprout!
As new plants develop, pay attention to that roots were covered with the soil, otherwise, they will dry, and the floret will cease to grow. In the addition to article watch informative video on the cultivation of Succulents from a leaf: The majority of Succulents will need at least several months to turn into a mature plant, but it is necessary for some about a year. Generally, it is not a fast process, but it works! Try, and soon in your collection of house flowers replenishment will appear.