How to understand that the Orchid has faded, and what to do with it next? There are several signs that the Phalaenopsis is no longer going to bloom. They should pay close attention.
What To Do With The Spike
To understand that the Phalaenopsis has faded, you can state the tip of the peduncle. If it dried up, turned yellow, and black, it looks ugly – the Orchid bloom will not. In this case, the peduncle must be removed.
When working with a flower, it is important to remember that it contains dormant buds hiding behind a special scale. Such kidneys can be up to four pieces. If you properly care for the flower, shoots can develop, become a peduncle or shoots.
To Phalaenopsis bloomed again and looked beautiful, it is recommended to cut the peduncle a couple of centimeters above the kidneys, as the old peduncles slow the development of new ones. However, it is worth remembering that the pruning procedure is not a guarantee that the kidneys are sure to Wake up.
What to do with the arrow to form shoots? Provide the plant with a humid climate, the temperature of about 25 degrees. Then with a high degree of probability, the Dendrobium will get a shoots.
When Orchids Stop Blooming
After the Phalaenopsis fades, many growers stop caring for the plant. As a result, in the spring it does not produce flowers. Therefore, Dendrobium requires careful care even when it is in a period of rest.
To Phalaenopsis bloomed again and looked beautiful in the photo, it is recommended to cut the peduncle a couple of centimeters above the kidneys
After the Dendrobium has ceased to bloom, it should be transplanted into a larger pot. To prevent the roots from rotting, an incision is made in the Central part of the container to drain the liquid.
Transplantation is conducted as follows:
- Dendrobium is removed carefully so as not to damage the root system, the soil is moistened. If the roots are confused, they should not be untangled.
- Next, the root system is examined. If there is moss on it, it must be removed.
- Roots with a brown hue are removed.
- Prepared the soil for transplanting. You can make it yourself from pine bark, foam chips, charcoal, leaf soil. Components are taken in equal proportions.
- The resulting mixture is placed in a pot, put drainage, which can be made of brick chips. After the substrate is prepared and laid, the Orchid is planted, the soil is covered from above.
- Even if the Flower has faded and looks unattractive, after carrying out these works with it, the plant will bloom again. This can happen after 2 months.
What Do The Experts say?
- If the Dendrobium has completely shed its petals and looks bad, the arrow will begin to fade on its own. Interfere in this process is not necessary, it is better if the flower blooms in the future on their own.
- When the arrow stops growing, it can increase, but not bloom. Then it should be cut with scissors and a half centimeters above the kidneys.
- After cutting, the arrow can take most of the nutrients that go to the plant, so it should be cut when the Dendrobium is at rest.
- What to do when the Orchid stopped forming flowers? The only way out is a transplant.
- Some varieties of plants can bloom more than once, so epiphyte transplantation after the flowering process is completed is mandatory.
- After the Dendrobium has ceased to bloom, it should be transplanted into a pot of larger volume
You will be interested: Care From Jewel Orchid
Dendrobium transplanted at the end of flowering about once every couple of years. This should be done as carefully as possible, taking too large a pot is not recommended.
- A branch with a peduncle growing up? Is trimming half an inch from the level of the kidneys.
- Violation of this rule leads to the fact that nutrients will go to this area, and the rest of the plant will get them less.
- The Orchid bloomed, so it is necessary to be engaged not only stems but also roots.
- Greenish and whitish roots should be left and dried and rotten gently removed with a knife.
- The Plant transplantation is carried out very carefully, as its roots are easily damaged. The pot must be necessarily equipped with a drainage hole for water drainage.
- The flower is placed in a container evenly, it should look exactly in the center, the ground at the edges should be poured.
- To carry out compaction of the soil is not necessary, correctly placed the flower does not require props, stays in the soil independently.
- Transplantation of the plant is carried out after the decomposition of the soil.
- On average, the soil becomes unusable for 2 years.
That it is time to replace, I will tell 2 things: the substrate for a long time does not dry out after watering, the pieces of bark in it decomposed.
How To Care For Orchids
After the Orchid transplant, new flowers are formed on it. However, do not move the Phalaenopsis too often – he does not like it. Should provide plant protection from pests, the necessary level of lighting, humidity.
Orchid prefers pruning transplanting: if you select crop, the flower stalks it will not appear. Decide on the treatment of plants should be based on the state of the roots and branches.